Thursday, July 9, 2009

Project Noob - the Shocker!

So, last night I contacted my noob on IRC to see when he'd be able to play next time. I greeted him "hai" and he said almost instantly "Good that you're on! Do you know any good places to farm linen cloth?". A bit stumpted, I said "well, all humanoids drop cloth, and there's not a lot in Tirisfal Glades" and he went "I know they do! I asked if you know any good places!" and I had to reply "well, there's quite a few humanoids in Silverpine once you get to that level range..." and he replied "Yeah I'm having some troubles with the mages there". He was leveling tailoring and enchanting (I'm not sure, but I think he'd read that on Noob says WOW. Either that, or he'd figured it out on his own. Either way, good call!).

Turns out he is level 17 (or was, when I left him last night) and had run out of quests to do on his own. We discussed macromaking and how to handle multiple mobs (with targeting, focus and stuff), and it looks like the little bastard is turning into quite a competent warlock. I knew I should have tricked him into some other class...

We still discussed some nuances of the game but he seemed to have gotten a pretty good grasp of what he can grasp at that level, and I also let him ride my mammoth to some quest mobs and fragged them for him. He was fascinated by the locales and seemed excited about going to Hillsbrad foothills at level 20 - he'd been playing those missions in Warcraft 2 just earlier. I'll try and set up an interview with him - if you have any questions you want me to ask, try and post them in the comments section.

On a unrelated noob post, the mage 4T8 bonus is ridicolously fun. Even two in a row is great, three makes me giddy and at six I had to change my pants.

3 comments:

  1. It's great when that hook just, kinda, sinks into them isn't it?

    Tell him to store the mats he can't use in the bank. I _really_ wish someone had told me that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, to be perfectly honest, I'd not expected the devotion. And, I was kinda hoping he'd get bored and let me have my Recruit-A-Friend-account to myself, so I could go dualbox level my tanking alts :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sign up at WoWBeeZ today for instant starter gear plus amazing vote rewards.
    Nine different realms to choose from!
    WoW 3.2 Private Realms
    www.wowbeez.com
    ]

    ReplyDelete